5 Tips for a Better Pet Boarding Experience
Holiday travel, emergencies and illness can all result in leaving pet owners scrambling to find pet care while they are out of the home. While making arrangements for your pet can certainly be stressful, below are five tips to make pet boarding a better experience for you and your pet.
Hints for Chapel Hill and Durham Pet Boarding
1. Choose our cat boarding and dog boarding service to ensure that your pet, who is already familiar with our animal hospital, will be more relaxed and around professionals familiar with their medical history.
2. Animals can sense when we are stressed and panicked. By booking boarding services early, you can ease your pet's transition from their home to our clinic, which will result in an overall better boarding experience for them.
3. By boarding at our veterinary hospital, your pet has on-site access to a Chapel Hill veterinarian if a medical emergency should arise. When you drop off your pet, be sure to discuss any changes in your pet's behavior or health, so our staff can monitor your pet closely.
4. At our dog boarding and cat boarding facility, we welcome you to bring your pet's favorite toy or blanket to help them feel more comfortable. A shirt that was recently worn by their favorite human can also be very relaxing when they snuggle up against it.
5. Start boarding your pet early - puppies and kittens who are boarded from a young age will even come to look forward to being boarded! It is harder for older pets to become acclimated to a new environment.
It may be hard for you to leave your pet while away, but we take excellent care of each and every pet while they are with us. With personal attention, plenty of play time and always something to watch, pets are rarely bored. Plus, with these tips, you can help prepare your pet for a positive boarding experience!
Do you have any other pet boarding tips that you'd like to share?